Modern residential security installations are becoming more advanced by the day. With that being said, it’s still easy to forget to complete basic security tasks like turning on your a home security system, lowering the garage door, or even securing your front door.
What if you didn’t have to remember doing these things in the future? When you implement geofencing in Bloomington, you can just leave the driveway and let your home security system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In Bloomington For Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual perimeter a set distance from your house, which you can customize within your smart security app. This convenient tool then utilizes your cell phone to see when you go past the boundary and then initiates the tasks you have programmed.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart components use to interact with each other. This innovative approach aids your security system by grouping all devices onto one, unified network. You are then able to institute specific boundaries on all sides of your property and assign the specific actions you want to occur if you cross the boundary.
For instance, shortly after you exit your premises, you can set your security system to lock doors, lower the garage door, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will alert your system to disable the alarm, raise the garage door, activate lighting, and even change your your home’s comfort levels.
Below are a handful of the components you will be able to control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Electronic devices including TVs or appliances
● Overhead doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are All Possible With ADT Control
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your home’s security system in Bloomington. With the ADT Control app, you can make the most of home automation. With just a few taps of a button, and you can:
● Program schedules: set your smart devices to activate at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to dim to signal that it's time for bed, or disarm your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular devices engage when another element is triggered. Instruct your thermostat to turn on the connected fan when a smoke detector trips. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway if your security camera detects unusual motion in the yard.
● Set a scene: Make room and event scenes with various smart components that function in harmony together. Have your lights switch off, the A/C go down, and the smart door locks engage at the end of the day. Or set the mood for TV night with specific lighting and HVAC adjustments.
● Protect your home with geofencing: You may not always remember to arm your alarm if you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing capability and your mobile device, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and put down the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Bloomington
Whether you desire added reassurance of a safe, secure home whenever you go to work or you wish to automate your smart home technology, geofencing is a wise choice. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (309) 316-6083 or complete the form on this page to get started on your ideal security system.